Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I just put a new black ink cartridge in my computer today, it is a hp 695 inkjet printer?

it was working fine today and not a thing wrong with it. But now when I go to print the document, I can't see nothing, but really really faint almost invisible words can someone help me out here?? Thanks to all those that can help:)I just put a new black ink cartridge in my computer today, it is a hp 695 inkjet printer?
Go to Control Panel then Printers. Right click on your printer and the left click on Properties. Click on Printing Preferences. Look in there for Maintenance or something similiar. What you want to do is clean or prime or align or do all of them. Print a test page. If it is still not perfect run Maintenance again. May take 2 or 3 times. Maybe even just once. Another problem may be the ink cartridge. What is the date on it? Was it brand new and sealed?I just put a new black ink cartridge in my computer today, it is a hp 695 inkjet printer?
Invisible words? Oh my!
Did you try to print a test page?





Did you remove the little plastic strip over the end of the cartridge before installing?
If it was printing fine for a while after you put the new cartridge in, then it must me out of place (popped out of place). Just push it in a little bit.





If you refilled it, then cover up the top. Sometimes ink dries out.





Print a test page to see if the printer recognizes the new cartridge correctly.
Pop the ink cartridge out and pop it back in place. Do whatever print test page the computer asks you to do.





If it still doesn't work after you try all these suggestions, I would call the company and ask them if it is possible that you bought a cartridge that didn't have any ink in it. (Check ink levels if your printer allows you to do this. Some tell you what your ink levels are).
Check to be sure you have the correct ink catridge first. Be sure that the cartridge is properly installed.


Normally when you install a new catridge the printer will automatically propmpt yo to print a test page. If that hasn't happened open the trouble shoot section within the printer software and look for the toolbox. This should give you further instructions on how to diagnose the problem.


Sounds to me like the cratridge is not properly installed or the wrong cartridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment