Saturday, December 26, 2009

Can the ink dry up and/or clog an inkjet printer?

I have an HP694C inkjet printer. I took out the empty color cartridge so I would buy the correct one when I went to the store. Now I have purchased a new color cartridge but when I installed it, only blue and yellow prints out--is this a hardware issue or is the ink cartridge defective???





If it is something I can't fix myself, it almost makes more sense to buy a new printer instead of paying someone to fix the printer or spend money on a new cartridge.Can the ink dry up and/or clog an inkjet printer?
The cartridge is clogged. If you have purchased it from an authorized shop and original HP cartridge they would replace it free of cost under warranty.





If they don't replace try clean the nozzles with lint free cloth and warm water (not more than 50 degree Celsius) or Iso propyle alcohol.





As the previous person said, I also never like to use inkjets for this problem and running cost of inkjets are too high. I use Laser printer only = my limitation is I can not take occasional color prints at home, I have to go to a copy bureau.Can the ink dry up and/or clog an inkjet printer?
Ink Jets are famous for this problem. If let unused they will do both, dry out and clog-up.


Take the cartridge out and set them on a warm damp paper towel with the jets against the damp towel.


If it's just clogged this will generally work. If not then it's time to buy a new printer cartridge.





I trashed all of the Ink Jets at my house about three years ago because of problems just like yours. Laser printers are cheap enough now that even us common folk can afford them





Good Luck
yes, those ink cartridges have a limited shelf life and it could be clogged or dried out. You could try taking it out of the printer and using a damp kleenex try wiping the ink nozzle - you might see some globs of ink on them. Just be gentle with it.
How old is the printer cartridge? The ink cartridges do dry up. I change all cartridges at the same time.


Run the Utility program for your printer to clean and align the print head.


The program will tell, you how much ink is left in the cartridges.


Please ensure the cartridges are properly seated.

No comments:

Post a Comment