Saturday, December 26, 2009

How do I get inkjet ink off my hands?

Here's my tale of woe, I bought a set of Brother LC51 compatible ink cartridges off of eBay, and they worked great, until they started leaking. I caught it before the ink could do any damage to the surrounding area, but in the process, got the ink all over my hands. Now, my hands are multi colored, and I have a job interview a day from now. I managed to fade it a bit by washing my hands in bleach and scrubbing, but it's still noticeable. I have 1 day to get the ink off my hands.





Any suggestions?How do I get inkjet ink off my hands?
Wear rubber gloves - get it off before it touches.





If you're too late, then I'm afraid it's brute force.





Bleach is disgusting and I wouldn't touch it. The best method I found was to use some rough building sand - liquid soap and building sand and just go for it. Your skin will be lovely and soft when you finished ;)How do I get inkjet ink off my hands?
To remove ink from skin dilute


household bleach with 50% water. DO NOT RUB! Press on area until color


is gone, flush with water and moisturize with a good quality hand or


body lotion





While I'm sure bleach will do the trick, it is a bit harsh on


sensitive skin. I have had great success removing inkjet ink from my


hands using a product called ';Super Tough Hand Scrub.'; It's also good


for getting off Magic Marker ink and even Super Glue. You can buy a


pound of it for $1.00 online. That should be enough to clean off a


lifetime supply of ink!





To remove ink stains from hands


Wash hands with an abrasive (gritty) soap.





Buy Super Tough Hand Scrub


http://www.handscrub.com/products.php
Yes, this is why refilling just does not work. To remove ink from skin, I have simply washed my hair with Head and Shoulders for an extra long time. (this removes it from hands) You won't get it all the first time, but by the second try most will be gone. To remove from fabric, I use a product called ';Zout';. Treat the fabric and let stand 15 minutes prior to washing.





Just so you know, the new Kodak printers use original manufacturer (Genuine Kodak) refills that cost about half. Color is under $15 and high capacity black is under $10. Quality is awesome.
I always have ink on my hands and yes it will come off. Use soap and water and a nail brush and scrub with it. It will take a few goes and a good soak in the bath is also effective.





EDIT


Whoes the nob whoes thumbsing everyone down for saying use soap and water? That is the way to get it of your hands, so get over it!
well, as my experienced, if you have gojo at home, this is the best remover of everything off on your body. you ca buy it in auto supply..this is safe to use.
Soak you hands in warm water in soap for 10 minutes then wash normally.





I coat my hands in ink daily and warm water and sap has always done the trick just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment