Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Why would ink come out of the top of printer cartridges in an inkjet printer?

I have a brother MFC-210 C all in one printer. It seemed to be working alright but I found the colors were dull and appeared to be almost in black and white. One day I tried to print and the printer spat out an error message on its LCD. It notified me that I needed to install the black ink cartridge. I was rather perplexed because it's obviously installed. I opened the cover to find a puddle of ink on top of all 4 ink cartridges. They have never been refilled and they are the correct type for the printer. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.Why would ink come out of the top of printer cartridges in an inkjet printer?
The ink cartage was defective. I work in IT and see this type of problem all the time. If the ink is leaking from the top then who ever manufactured the ink cartage didn't install the plug properly. If you still have the orignal bill where you bought the ink form, try returning the cartage and explain to them what happened. Or you can try to contact the manufacture directly.
  • signature loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment