Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dell Ink Cartridge for a Dell 720 Inkjet printer???

Does anyone know of a generic ink cartridge that can be used for me printer....Dell cartriges are so expensive...I have always used the websitre clickink.com for my canon printer and use a generic brand, but I am not finding anything for my dell...HELP! ThanksDell Ink Cartridge for a Dell 720 Inkjet printer???
Sorry, That's dell's moneymaker.





You'd be better off to throw out the printer and buy a decent Epson or HP printer.Dell Ink Cartridge for a Dell 720 Inkjet printer???
Some office supply retailers offer up remanufactured ink cartridges for certain Dell printers...





Dell 720 is one of them..





and staples worker dude, i work at staples also...they should've let you know about .com and well...staples brand compatibles





edited right here...


-----


Regarding what was said about Lexmark printers, yes...Dell printers are really aftermarket Lexmarks...however, the cartridge has subtle differences that will not allow the Lexmark cartridge to fit in the Dell print carriage.
Most of Dell's printers are made for them by Lexmark. Check a place like Wal-Mart ... Staples is good too. They both have a pretty large selection of generic ink cartridges. Wal-Mart also has a catalog of printers and cartridges in the store that may be able to cross-match your Dell to a Lexmark or a generic ... check it out. You can also buy an ink refill kit for the cartridge you have. I do it all the time for a Canon I have. My other printer is an Epson ... I get its cartridges locally when they're on sale or on-line from Epson when they're not!
To my knowledge there are no compatibles, the reason that they give those printers away or sell them for cheap. The money's made on their cartridges. Quite a swindling, eh?





Edit: this site claims to have compatible cartridges: http://www.4inkjets.com/Dell,10,manufact鈥?/a>
if you have Dell printer,,,you can only use Dell products
Honestly, I don't want to disappoint you, but the truth is that Dell printers are the ONLY ones who sell Dell ink cartridges. I agree with you in that they are very expensive. I've own Dells for about 22 years already because I get Education discounts, and they've been very supportive and dependable. I purchase the Value Packs. Dell even sends me self-addressed envelopes, so I can return and recycle their ink cartridges; but I don't. What I do is take them to Staples, and I get a $3 coupon for each cartridge. I add the coupons until I have enough to buy copy paper for the Dell printer! Either that, or research for a new printer. Good luck!
Ok I have the same printer and the cartriges you want to get are the Lexmark number 26 or 27 for color and 16 or 17 for the black I use 27 for color and 17 for the black and theywork great!! and a lot cheaper than the Dell cartriges color $20.99 and black $20.49 at Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment