Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Store an inkjet printer: How can I stop the ink drying up if I put it away for a while?

Hi all





I've just been bought a new printer and other stuff. The ';engineer'; delivered it all, , took it out the box, set it up, did a test print etc all as part of the service and it was al done before I could say ';stop!';.








I've already got a printer on the go, with about 拢50 worth of ink to use up before I through it out and use the new one!





How can I pack it all away again, without risking the ink drying up and damaging the printer?Store an inkjet printer: How can I stop the ink drying up if I put it away for a while?
You do not need to store it. It won;t dry up either. As one poster pointed out, th eink may dry on the ink head if you remove it and damage the ink head.


Just put a tight plastic over the printer so the air doesn't get to it in long-term.Store an inkjet printer: How can I stop the ink drying up if I put it away for a while?
The ziploc bag may help save the cartridges but I'm afraid unless you leave the printer on, the ink which is already in the print head will harden and you can kiss your printer goodbye. This happened to my sister's brand new Canon. She went away for the summer and it was dead when she came back because the heads were clogged. Fortunately it was under warranty. The technician told her to always leave the printer on. It takes very little power and every once in a while it bubbles the ink so it doesn't harden.
All you need is a Ziploc bag for storage and a moist paper towel to throw in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment